Thursday, September 27, 2012

CollegeTests&Volleyball&FamilyPicnics

Well my bad luck continues and I am unfortunately vigorously typing away on my handy dandy iPhone. Apparently, when I took in my laptop to get the screen replaced, they realized the motherboard was corroded and so now I'm laptop free for the next week. Which really stinks.

But anyways, this past week I had my first two college tests! It wasn't as scary as I had imagined and I ended up acing them so that was pretty exciting. Although I did well on my tests, I'm finding it hard to establish good studying habits which is going to be really bad for me if I don't figure it out soon. I think I just established a goal of the week: FREAKING STUDY. lolz
I actually don't mind studying, it's just getting in a habit and actually doing it. I think I've realized that I don't really have a whole lot of self discipline and that's not really a good thing. Maybe I should google that: How do you obtain self discipline?

Well anyways, on Saturday, I hung out with my sister Ashley, Chandler and Lindsey- so fun. We played sand volleyball at like 1:00 and although it was pretty hot, we had a lot of fun. I'm supposed to be on an intramural team with a lot of people from my stake but I've discovered recently that I'm not that good. So basically, I just plan on hitting the volleyball court as much as I can so I can get better.

After volleyball, we went to this snow cone stand called hokulias with literally the best snowcones ever! I'm insanely obsessed with snowcones so it's basically like eating freaking rainbows and happiness.
Eating snowcones always reminds me of Mr. D's snowcone stand in good 'ol Cypress, Texas where I basically went everyday during the summer (not really but pretty much). They have pretty freaking delicious snowcones but nothing compares to Hokulias. Well at least I haven't found anything yet. I rather enjoy snowcones so I'm sure I'll be trying many more in my lifetime. May the search begin.

My new bestie Chandler. She's awesome. 


But on the topic of fitness- I bought myself this cool accessory on amazon the other day that I'm pretty excited about -->

I don't know why I dont already have one (oh wait, I don't run) but it's been a lot harder to stay in shape here with a meal card and a cafeteria that loves to serve you lots of carbs and sugar. So therefore, I have attempted lately to get in a habit of running. I was most worried about the altitude (because I do not do well in high altitudes) but it actually wasn't so bad and I really enjoyed it. I've only been running in the mornings for a few days but hopefully, I can keep it up.

I took this on one of my runs. Pretty freaking gorgeous eh?
On Sunday, we went to the Brigham City temple dedication that was broadcasted in the Marriott and it was really cool. I've never experienced a temple dedication and so it was such a cool thing to attend. We went to the 1st session in order to make it to a family picnic that my Nana and Papa had planned because they are in town. We went to Millcreek Canyon and it was a lot of fun to see my grandparents and my dads side of the family that I don't get to see that often. We spent a lot of time talking and catching up (and of course eating). My Aunt Trish is an amazing cook and we had some delicious chicken and shrimp soft tacos? (It was something like that). I'm so glad I live a lot closer to them now!

<---- Check this out!
        It's the beginning of Fall! #soexcited


Sisters <3
Love, love, love my sweet grandparents!
My Uncle David and Aunt Susan!
Sydney & Matt's ADORABLE baby, Amara.
Sister & Brother-in-law <3
Yes. This is my uncle. Sharpening a knife. 

Laugh of the Day: 

Today's laugh consists of three pictures. These never fail to make me laugh every time I look at them!
1. Do I really need to explain? Chandler was on sugar overload (after we made homemade ice cream) and this is the result. So. Funny. 
2. I love getting FaceTime calls from my hilarious brother! Always a big smile and laugh there. 
3. ERMAGERSH. I am obsessed with these memes. They are SO hilarious to me. There are SO many other ones but this one will suffice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment