Thursday, September 20, 2012

SpilledMilk&LostRivalries&BarFights

Well it seems that someone in the world doesn't like me because I have had a series of unfortunate events happen to me over the past couple of days.

To start off, I am writing this post on my newly restored laptop and a freshly clean comforter. What exactly does that mean? Well, let me explain how my day went on Friday.

7:00 am- Woke up late but rushed and got ready in time to go with Briana & Kalli to the temple (The ONLY great part of my day, it was fantastic)
9:30 am- I realize I forgot to turn in a writing assignment- shoot.
10:00am-3:00 pm- consists of studying and classes- all super exhausting.
3:15 pm- I finally make it back to my dorm and I'm so tired, all I really want to do is grab me a bowl of cereal and take a nap.

So I'm sitting on my bed and eating some cereal while I look over my notes from class (not really, I was on facebook). Somehow, I manage to tip over my bowl of cereal and it spills all over my laptop. The laptop shuts off and I immediately go into complete terror mode. I chunk my bowl aside (thus spilling it ALL over my comforter, grab my laptop and rags and start frantically trying to clean up all the milk. My roommate starts googling proper clean-up of milk spills on laptops (which is surprisingly common) when I remember my handy dandy warranty I bought with my computer at the beginning of the school year (Thank you Mom & Dad!). I'm feeling a little bit better knowing that my warranty should cover it, but then I realize that I have to walk all the way back up hell hill (A relatively steep hill I have to walk up everyday to get to campus) and I won't even be able to take a nap before our friday night festivities begin. So off I went and luckily, the warranty covered it all.
Basically, don't eat cereal on your bed while using your laptop. The results could be deadly (at least if you're a college student who lives on your laptop).

So then later that day, there was the big football game against University of Utah- aka the Holy War. It was exciting, I went to the cannon center and watched it with a bunch of other people because they projected on a big screen. Unfortunately, we lost and it was the most stressful game of my life. It was awful. Between the Ute fans rushing the field twice and the game not being over and losing the game because the ball hit the field post- it was super intense. Let's just say that everyone in the cannon center was freaking out. It was still very unfortunate though because it was the rivalry game and I had been battling back and forth with my friend Valerie (whose boyfriend goes the U) for the entire week leading up to the game. But oh well. At least the game was exciting.

On Sunday we had regional stake conference at the Marriott and I had the chance to hear Dallin H. Oaks speak. It was such a cool experience and I am loving living in Utah where these kinds of things can happen! Well anyways, that night we also had a family dinner to celebrate September birthdays. Ashley's birthday was on the 18th so we celebrated hers, Hillary's and Audrey's. I had the biggest dilemma figuring out to what to get her but settled with this idea ->
Seeing as I have a handy dandy meal card, I felt like Ashley could benefit from some nice treats from the creamery :)

Ashley made a fabulous spaghetti and homemade meatballs dinner and it was really cool to see everyone. We, of course, caught a classic awkward family photo.



I love being around these people! so fun.

So after our family dinner, I went to ward prayer and then to this thing called tunnel singing that happens at the tunnels by the Marriott center. It was my first time and basically, it was like the coolest experience ever! I would recommend it to everyone. We basically sung hymns and halfway through, people shared mission calls, and it was just really cool and a great spiritual experience. Needless to say, I will be back for sure!
So after that great experience, we were heading back and I made the terrible decision to slide down some stair rails (like on my butt) and ended up landing not so gracefully onto the ground. I came down pretty hard on my left foot and thought it would be a little sore in the morning. However, after we went to go hang out in the May hall lobby (where the guys in our ward live), I tried to stand on it and literally could not at all. So then, Jordan attempted to piggyback me down the hall but luckily some of the boys rescued her and I got carried back to my dorm. Not all that terrible actually.
The only terrible thing was that I've had to be on crutches for the past couple of days. Luckily, it was just a bad sprain and not a break because I don't know what I would have done.

IT WAS SO AWFUL.

Crutching (is that a word?) around campus was like the worst experience ever, especially when I had to carry my backpack. The only fun part about having them was making up cool stories when people asked what happened. I usually responded, "Oh you know, just a bar fight... I lost" *nodding and maybe some pretend chuckles* "No really, I was sliding down a bar/rail and dismounted not so gracefully."*some ohhhhhs and chuckles*.
It was quite entertaining, but it was such a constant arm and shoulder workout that telling the stories didn't make up for it. I also hated showing up to class all sweaty and nasty- so not fun. Needless to say, I am so freaking excited to be done with them. I went crutch free today! I also won't be sliding down any rails like ever and hopefully I can avoid those evil things as much as possible!

Fingers crossed that this weekend goes better than the last.

Laugh of the Day:

Well actually this happened on monday, but whatever. So I'm going to my writing class and had to conquer some stairs to get my class on the second floor. Luckily, I made it up no problem but unfortunately, the floor was kind of slick at the top of the stairs. I go to crutch and my left crutch slips out and I just biff it so bad (biff is a utah thing. Synonyms would be eating it, wiping out, exc). I fall straight to my knees and my crutches go crashing down. It didn't hurt that bad at all, but it was just so freaking funny that I burst into uncontrollable laughter. Like I couldn't stop. Briana was carrying my backpack for me and was laughing too, but classes were still going on so she trys to shhh me but I just couldn't! I mean I just totally ate it, you would be dying too! I had to slip into the bathroom to compose myself because everyone in the hallway must of thought I was crazy but it was definitely the ultimate fail of the day. I'm so glad I am able to laugh at myself because otherwise, my life would be so boring. Wouldn't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment