Sunday, September 9, 2012

CollegeLife&Sisters&Sports

Well the college life has treated me pretty well. On Friday I went to the BYU Texas Round up and ate some classic blue bell (so freaking good) and scored myself this awesome tshirt-

Wearing this everyday of my life. Not really, but I wish.

The downer to going to this round up was that it made me miss all of my family and friends from back home. It's been hard to move away from everyone but I'm slowly making some good friends so thats good right? I would like to think thats a step in the right direction.
We've become pretty good friends with the girls across the hall-Chandler and Alisa. They're best friends like me and Jordan and we clicked with them pretty well because they're quite entertaining people. About a week ago, it was really late and we ran up and down the hall, switching around everyone's name tags on the doors. It was pretty entertaining but seriously, anything is entertaining at 1:00 in the morning. So seeing as we bonded through the pranking and jokes- Jordan and I put this on their cork strip by their door-
Someone added that pink sticky note (which we thought was pretty cool ) 
Which then led to the lovely decorating of our door-

This is the start of a beautiful friendship.
Speaking of friendship, one of the best parts of living in Provo and going to BYU is that I get to see my beautiful sister,Briana, everyday. Yes, you heard me right- every freaking day! Having two classes with her has been really fun and I can't thank her enough for helping me get used to college life. (Like when she prevented me from severely embarrassing myself by almost going into the wrong building thinking it was the testing center. This is how I imagine it would've turned out- "Hi, yeah can you tell me where I can go take my test?" "...... uhh you're in the wrong building... *muttering under breath* ...stupid freshman")
Yep. Great stuff.
So basically, consider this a special shout out to my best friend and best sister ever! (Ash, if you read this- I love you too!) We're taking a ballet class together which has become my favorite class so far. I've never been a dancer so it's been fun trying to be one. Dressing up in a leotard and tights is definitely pretty entertaining but I think the best part is just having someone to laugh with when you mess up. And don't worry- there is plenty of both.
Just yesterday I got chance to go to the temple with Briana and her friend Kalli and it was such a great experience. We went to the Provo temple and I'm so glad I chose to get up at 6 and go with them before classes- so worth it!
Isn't it gorgeous?!
So besides all the fun parties and events going on at BYU, there's always sports events going on and so its been fun going to the soccer and football games (No volleyball games yet but I'm excited to go to one). This past week we played University of Texas in Women's soccer and we killed them (5-0). It was a great game except when it started raining and it got so cold that we decided to leave and get some pie shakes at Sammys. (SO GOOD by the way, I definitely recommend)


LOOK! DOUBLE RAINBOW.
Yesterday, we played Weber State in football and also destroyed them if I would say so myself (45-13, Go Cougs!) It was a great game besides the fact that it was at 1:00 in the afternoon and it was SO HOT. I scored myself an awkward sunburn on my forehead and arms which is just super great, but oh well. We did have row 2 seats right in the endzone so that part was really sick. It's so fun having a handy dandy sports pass that gets me super great seats.
Right up in the action- SO COOL.
Well that about sums it up- yay for Texas pride, amazing sisters, and awkward sunburns!

Laugh of the Day:

Eating breakfast the morning of the football game and making waffles at the waffle maker. But instead of successfully filling up the little cup of waffle batter, my good friend Sarah pushes the lever for the waffle batter, it pops off, and starts spilling out everywhere. And it doesn't trickle out or anything my friends, it's like a volcano (but not) and quickly spilling everywhere. Luckily, some guy came up and plugged it up with his hands because Jordan and I were completely incompetent to do anything but die of laughter. A worker at the Cannon came up and helped clean it up but needless to say it was pretty hysterical. 
And in case you're wondering- she did end up getting her waffle. Actually she had two. 




No comments:

Post a Comment