Thursday, October 18, 2012

Midterms&CollegeFun&FamilyVacations

Wow, where do I even start?
Life's been busy. And I have a lot to talk about. Soooo bear with me while I try to not bore you to death. Okay.

I guess I'll start with only the most exciting news ever- I have been reunited with my mint macbook baby!! FINALLY. After I don't know, like two weeks of waiting for all the repairs of my poor corroded mother board and other damaged parts to be completed, I finally was able to pick up my computer. I can't tell you what a relief that is! College - laptop = awful & extremely difficult to study/do homework/ like anything else ( I don't recommend it).

So midterms are upon us college kids and lets just say I've spent a lot of time endlessly studying (something I'm not very good at). I've got 3 down and just 2 more to go. I can do it... right?
Oh and let's not forget about the rhetorical analysis paper I have due. Let me just say that I absolutely loathe writing rhetorical analysis. I've never been much of a writer, so my writing class has definitely been one of my hardest classes. The first paper I had to write for that class was an opinion editorial that I actually thought was really good (if I do say so myself). However, I get the paper back and it's a 79. First of all, let me just rant about how annoying any grade ending in a 9 is. Like why couldn't you just give me an 80? I think I'd rather have like 76 or 77 than a 79. It's like she's purposely trying to annoy me because my paper was so bad.
But anyways, so when I found out that our next paper was a rhetorical analysis I almost died. Luckily, I got a good article about abortion and it's pretty interesting so that makes it a little bit easier. I've met with my teacher for a conference already and she seemed to really like parts of my analysis, but I'm still convinced my writing teacher secretly hates me, so I can't be too confident yet. I still have a lot of writing and painful revision to do, but I'm so determined to get a good grade. I'm even more determined to get a grade that doesn't end in a 9.

So besides the paper, I have my Intro to Communication Disorders class midterm this week as well. I'm plannning on majoring in Communication Disorders to become an Audiologist so I've really enjoyed this class so far. It's definitely a lot of work and there is so much information to learn, but it is so interesting! The weirdest thing is that I actually really enjoy studying for this class. But that's not a bad thing right? I mean I will be using this stuff for the rest of my life in my career so I'm thinking it's a good sign I'm in the right major.

Besides boring school, there's been a lot of fun things going on at good ol BYU like one of my personal favorites- True Blue! It was during homecoming week where they basically just squirted out all this blue foam over Helaman fields and we rolled around in it and slid down this huge slip and slide. It was great fun. As you can see in this picture, the moment I got there (because I had class and got there late), I got attacked by none other than my roommate and hallmates. The only down side to True Blue is the fact that it stains your skin blue in spots like your elbows, knees, feet, underarms- basically your whole body. So I enjoyed being a smurf or avatar or whatever for a few days. It's been a lifelong dream.
Not really, but I can pretend right?

I also happen to have the best FHE (Family Home Evening) group ever in case you wanted to know. Family Home Evening is every monday and we basically just do lots of fun things and eat cookies. This week, we had a powdered sugar fight! Chandler is allergic to gluten and flour so we improvised and went with powdered sugar ( a note to those who have done it with flour: powdered sugar doesn't paste in your hair and washes off so much easier).
It was way fun.
Excuse the scary red eyes. 


So guess what?! Vacations have been planned for my Thanksgiving, Christmas, and now summer! This is such a first and I'm so excited for what is coming up. For Thanksgiving, I'm driving down to Colorado with my cousins Audrey and Brenn to spend thanksgiving with them and their family. We're going to go skiing (or maybe I'll try snowboarding... still deciding) and I'm so freaking excited to see my best friend, Shelby! We've been close since birth and I've been missing her like crazy! If I can't go home and see my parents and brother, at least I get to see the Ellsworths (they're basically like my second family). 
It's going to be incredibly fun.
So then for Christmas, my parents decided it would be a good idea to take a good family vacation while we have Ashley and Robbie this year (because next year they'll be in Santa Barbara and in 2 years Ashley might be pregnant or have a baby soooo yeah). But anyways, we're going on a cruise! We're going on a 5 day cruise to Yucatan and Cozumel, Mexico. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. It's going to be way fun and I'm so excited that my whole family will be there. Yay cruises! 

Lastly, just yesterday morning, I was talking to my mom and she brings up maybe going to Orlando, Florida to visit Briana in the summer. Briana is going to be working for Disney in the College Internship Program and so it has been brought up a few times about going to visit her, but nothing serious. Well anyways, my mom realized there is a conference going on in late May that she wants to be a part of to sell and advertise so she basically decided that we're going! The only tricky part is that it's the end of school for my brother and my Dad has to tape graduations. But I'm for sure going so getting this text in class really made my day ->
We're going to be staying in Disney World and it'll be me, Frank, and hopefully Ashley (and Robbie) just hitting up the parks all day. Can you say some serious sibling fun? I'm too excited right now.

Laugh of the Day: 

So on Tuesday, I had to take my Statistics midterm and study for a gazillion other things like all day. That night, we had volleyball practice (because I'm on an intramural team) and it was outside on the sand courts where it was way windy and cold. Not everyone could make it, and I think that since I hadn't done anything that day besides study, everything was funny. Jordan and I could not stop laughing about anything and everything. We didn't do so well volleyball wise, but hey, at least we had fun yeah? Can't say this is the first time something like this has happened but oh well, it was pretty funny to watch I bet.
<----Oh and let me just finish off with this picture.

Yes,
this guy is PASSED OUT on the couch in the library.
Yes,
he did snore.
Yes,
his backpack fell off the couch and scared the crap out of me.
Yes,
he never woke up while I was in the library.
Will I ever be this guy?
NO.
It still amazes me as to where people decide to sleep on campus. I never would want to sleep where a bunch of people would walk by and see me. Like what if I drool or do something weird? Yeah, no thanks.
But nonetheless, they are pretty funny to laugh at.



No comments:

Post a Comment